- When a great truth once gets abroad in the world, no power on earth can imprison it, or prescribe its limits, or suppress it. It is bound to go on till it becomes the thought of the world.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
If anyone could prove to me that Christ is outside the truth, and if the truth really did exclude Christ, I should prefer to stay with Christ and not with truth.
Fyodor Dostoevsky, in a letter To Mme. N. D. Fonvisin (1854), as published in Letters of Fyodor Michailovitch Dostoevsky to his Family and Friends (1914), translated by Ethel Golburn Mayne, Letter XXI, p. 7
- Although I am a typical loner in daily life, my consciousness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has preserved me from feeling isolated.
Albert Einstein, in “My Credo”, a speech to the German League of Human Rights, Berlin (Autumn 1932), as published in Einstein: A Life in Science (1994) by Michael White and John Gribbin, p. 262.
- An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self sustained.
Mahatma Gandhi, Young India 1924-1926 (1927), p. 1285.
- The truth comes as conqueror only because we have lost the art of receiving it as guest.
Rabindranath Tagore in The Fourfold Way of India (1924); this has become paraphrased as “Truth comes as conqueror only to those who have lost the art of receiving it as friend”.
- Truth alone will endure, all the rest will be swept away before the tide of time. I must continue to bear testimony to truth even if I am forsaken by all. Mine may today be a voice in the wilderness, but it will be heard when all other voices are silenced, if it is the voice of Truth.
Mahatma Gandhi, Basic Education (1951), p. 89.
What is true is already so. Owning up to it doesn’t make it worse. Not being open about it doesn’t make it go away. And because it’s true, it is what is there to be interacted with. Anything untrue isn’t there to be lived. People can stand what is true, for they are already enduring it.
Eugene Gendlin, “The Listening Manual” in Focusing (1978), p. 138
But at the end of the day, the truth is not determined by what makes you feel warm and safe. It is not determined by what gets you the most friends. It is not determined by what makes people be nice to each other. It is not determined by a cost-benefit analysis of holding a certain belief. It is determined by reality. And those who willingly compromise their understanding of reality still have to live in it. They just might find themselves without a decent map.
Zinnia Jones, “Those with No Allegiance to Reality” (2012-06-20)
- Yet ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Jesus in John 8:31.
- Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Jesus in John 17:17 – 19.
- I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jesus in John 14:6.
Enjoy the Pursuit of Truths , that you may expand your mind, open your heart and seek through awareness and efforts… the spiritual graces of truths.