The draft should be “Reinstated’, [but not for the previous purposes it was previously used.]
IMPROVE AND EXPAND THE CIVIL SERVICE CORP – Non Military Duty Designee – their Primary Task will involve “Civil Related Programs which serve and improve America”.
This Branch of Civil Service will fall up under – The Department of Interior:
(Addition division can be added to insure inclusion of all structured corp divisions.)
Their Primary Duties will be Domestically Deployed, – they can however include “Foreign Disaster Aid and Service” – When ever they are Deployed for International Relief, they will get security details from our Military Groups.
Where do we house and maintain their ranks:
Use the Closed Military Bases, upgrade the housing units, We regain value to the investment made in building these bases, rather than let this sit there and deteriorate. As to our Population of Young people, we’d result to have a more disciplined society, where people will have the same decorum we once had when people could go into the Civil Services. We have so many Task which can be done by the Civil Service Corp, until going to fight a war is the last option they’ be trained and used for. Our young people would regain a sense of purpose, learn to embrace civic duty and know the value of city, and community as being the foundations of what makes America Strong and Great. RANDOM Drug Testing would be MANDATORY.
- IF it came to war efforts, “Those drafted“, would have a choice to volunteer for a transfer within the Civil Service to one of the Military Groups. No one would be forced to make a switch to any Military Branch. We would still have those who may elect to go into the Reserves as Active Reservist, but those who are part time Reservist, must be in college the rest of the time.
DO WE WANT TO BECOME A RESPONSIBLE SOCIETY” ?
If we do, then we have to think in terms and methods of how to engage each person with responsibility. No longer will parents be worried about what to do with their kid when they turn 18, no longer will we have random delinquency, and no longer will we have an untrained society. We’d reduce our Federal Borrowing by Trillions of Dollars each year, for the cost to manage this Civil Corp, the money used to do so would benefit the nation as a whole in every way to become again, a Nation which Leads and can Lead in being a Leader. Those who elect to go to college, can do so, but they must complete their college as prescribed by their election and their major designation.
The CIVIL SERVICES CORPS, will include,
- Disaster Recovery Corp Division,
- Wildfire fighting Corp Division
- Building up and shoring up areas prone to landslide Corp Division,
- Flooding Prevention Corp Division,
- Hurricane and Tornado Clean up Corp Division
- Building City ‘Underground Shelters, for Hurricane and Tornado’s Corp Division
- Corp Division (Urban Renewal Clearance), (Cleaning up City Blight) [THIS DIVISION WILL HAVE ITS OWN – Legal Team leadership for Succession clearance of abandoned and dilapidated properties, anyone seeking to re-claim the properties will have to repay the corps the expense it incurred to clean it up, any who are held by owners who can’t afford to clean it up, the corps will do so, and attach a lien on the property which will come with a monthly clean up re-payment due included, they will have no more than 5 years to satisfy that debt, or the property will be sold at Auction, and the corp recovers its incurred expense from the sale]
- Tearing Down Old Factories, [THIS DIVISION WILL HAVE ITS OWN – Legal Team leadership for Succession clearance of abandoned and dilapidated properties, anyone seeking to re-claim the properties will have to repay the corps the expense it incurred to clean it up, any who are held by owners who can’t afford to clean it up, the corps will do so, and attach a lien on the property which will come with a monthly clean up re-payment due included, they will have no more than 5 years to satisfy that debt, or the property will be sold at Auction, and the corp recovers its incurred expense from the sale]
- Working as Street and Bridge Rebuilding Crews for our Federal and State Highways,
- Working with International Relief Programs,
- Natural Farming Corp,
- Livestock Management,
- Fisheries, State and Federal Park Services
- Recycling corps, who can use old cement and old asphalt to be re-used , they would sort and smelt old metal for reuse, and they could shred old tires for re-use of the materials for other building material purposes, such as material to shore up landslide areas, and other things, including an underlay within some of the road building efforts once its mixed properly. [we’d reduce our carbon footprint dramatically, and we’d be very efficient in re-using materials, rather than dumping it in our landfills.]
- Instead of Federal fund subsidies given to various program, they could have corps assigned to these organization, in the equivalent of the grant amounts these organizations are given. [ what this will do is give people the ability to earn, while also learning skills and being a part of an organization. Afterwards their skills can propel them to do something with their lives].
- This corp will have its own administrative pool made up of the corp members, its own computer people, made up of the corp members, everything it needs to sustain itself will be staffed by members of the Civil Service Corps.
- Leadership for these Corps will be open for Military Officers to transfer to the Corps in Leadership Roles for each division and sector of the corps.
- Public Health Service Corps – CAN BE EXPANDED by using members from this corp, to re-claim and open and operate all the closed Hospitals Across this nation, with trained personnel who are trained within this corp.
- This corp can fall under the “Vice Presidents Management” and be assigned to the Department of Interior.
- Emergency Housing Re-construction: ( Mass areas damage, would mandate that all insurance proceeds be directed to the Civil Service Corps for Immediate Housing Re-construction. ( they have 90 days to submit funds to the Civil Corp or face penalty assessments for any and all delays in payments. ( This would fall under the guidelines when the Government Declares an Area as a “Major Disaster Areas’. [all housing construction built by Civil Service Corp will be by mandate required to use 75-80% of all building materials to be Made and produced in America by American Corporations.] ( if we did this, we’d not have any more New Orleans situations where the devastation has remained more than 10 yrs).
- FEMA- would call upon this group as the first option during disaster experiences. ( this will put a stop to all the private contractor rip off and cost over-runs and delays in rebuilding cost and efforts) ( this will rule out any political games such as that of the New Jersey Governor, was collusive and embroiled in, when it came to fixing what was damaged during and after hurricane Sandy’s natural disasters).
- Border Patrol Specialist – Assigned to the Border Patrol Unit. ( 5 Civil Servants assigned to every 1 current Border Patrol personnel, this would not displace any employee of the border patrol, but it will strengthen their force by a factor of 5).
- Cargo Import Inspections :( 5 Civil Servants assigned to every 1 current Immigration Officer within Inspection at our Import Dock, this would not displace any employee of the Immigration Inspectors, but it will strengthen their force by a factor of 5).
- FDA – ( 5 Civil Servants assigned to every 1 current FDA Inspection Officer this would not displace any employee of the FDA inspection units, but it will strengthen their force by a factor of 5).
We use the same bases, which have been closed to “station these corps”, increase the on-base housing system, utilize all the equipment brought back from Iraq and Afghanistan, Re-tasking this equipment for the Federal Corps. We have enough equipment to outfit all these units. Some of the Civil Service Corp members will be assigned to already existing Federal Programs,
The same money we give in Food Stamps (to any people between 18-25yrs of age) , Section 8 (to any people between 18-25yrs of age) and general relief payments (to any people between 18-25yrs of age) and any other expense we expend within this group, would be the money used to support these Civil Service Draft programs, We can have a segment, for the handicapped, which gives them something meaningful to do, where they learn a skill and craft and feel the value of providing a service to society. they can do many many jobs to support the Corps.
The money we save from incarcerating people in our prison system, which equates to more than $30,000 per person, would be money that could best be used to support Civil Corp functions, than to let people sit in prison doing nothing. Instead of sending people to Jail for Non Violent Felonies, they would get a mandatory 2 yrs in the Corps. [violent felons would still go directly to prison].
Everyone at the age of 18 goes, but they have the options to either be drafted or go to college. There is no exemptions, they will choose one or the other. If they drop out of college before completing 4 yrs, they will have to give the remaining time to the Corps.
We’d change the trajectory of the mass volume of people between the age of 18-25 who are simply lost and caught into a cycle of going no place, having no skills and being costly to the city, state and federal systems.
We’d decrease our prison populations dramatically, we’d improve our nation city by city, and improve our infrastructure, and provide immediate relief to any disaster stricken areas. It would reduce our recovery time dramatically, as well as reduce the cost significantly.
We have to think in terms of responsibility. All these young single mothers, would be able to be with a choice to go into the Civil Service Corp, Military, or to Colleges, but there won’t be any sitting at home making more and more babies, collecting free money while they plot and plan to make more and more babies.
All of these Corp groups would have on the assigned base, Child Care, this is a group part of the Civil Service Corp which will train some as Child Care Attendants. then all the money that currently goes to this group, would be re-directed to the corp, and they use that money to pay the monthly salaries, base upkeep; and what ever else it can be used for to benefit the Civil Corp.
The federal people who manage these programs will then have their same jobs, except they will work for the Civil Corp rather than these current organizations they work for.
In 5 years we’d have a trained society, have a society who has learned social disciplines and have made contributions to the society. They would be drafter for a period of 4 yrs.
When we understand that Freedom is a Responsibility, then we will understand the Value of the Draft. We won’t have the mass of social delinquency. We can bust up the gangs and the drug organizations. Because once in the corp, there are ways to deal with all these factions without public outcry.
When it comes to Private sector jobs, that pool will be made up of people above the age of 23, by the age of 23, they will have served their 4 years time in the corps. ( but people are also eldigible to re-enlist for an additional 4 yrs, for those who prefer to continue working in the corps. they will gain rank the same as people do in the Military Branch, but their Rank will be labeled under “Civil Service Corps”.
Once they complete the corps, they will be eligible for the same “housing finance benefits as the Military Branch Offers”. They will also be eligible for up to 2 years of educational assistance, for those who want to advance their skill development.
We need this, to remake America to be prepared for the Future. We can’t continue going as we are, we have to become a nation which mandates “Responsibility of our Citizens’… the more Responsible they are the more freedom they will have as responsible individuals. There is no such thing as Freedom without Responsibility. When we accept that fact, then we will understand the necessity of the Civil Service Corp Draft.
From Day on in the corps, any pay they receive will have 10% directed into a Retirement fund, that fund will be directly linked to buying “Government Saving Bonds”. It will not be subjected to any stock manipulators and casino gaming Wall Street madness. When they have completed their term, they can continue to retain this saving retirement fund for life, with an annual 10% invested in this fund.
We then will have “no senior citizens without a pension of some sort”.
We need a “NEW DEAL OF THE 21ST CENTURY” and this is the most viable means and ways to build a NEW DEAL for American Citizens.
Anyone who wants to Immigrate to American between the ages of 18-25, will also have to join the Civil Corps. They will earn their Immigration Status of a Green Card by and through this program. It will be managed and limited as to the yearly number of Immigrant entrants slots available each year.
Immigrants within the Corps will be limited to 1 child during this persons 4 year obligation, if they produce more than one Child they are subject to be deported back to their Native Land. This will diminish the burden of any Immigrant backlash and include provisional guidelines for those who want to become American Citizens.
This is Part One of the “NEW DEAL 21st Century” – “Rebuilding America”
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CIVIL SERVICE CORP
(AGE 18-25 DRAFT PROGRAM)